How to find out of print books:
If you read a lot, you’ll probably notice that some authors have a few books that are out of print. Some of our favorites are out of print. Here’s how to find those hidden gems:
- Try looking at the library.
- Ask your librarian about Inter-Library Loan Requests if your library doesn’t have a book. If the book exists, they can find it for you.
- Look on BookSaleFinder.com or BookSaleManager.com for library book sales.
- Check for used books on Amazon.com
- Look on Alibris, Reading Well and Book Finder
How to get bad smells out of books:
Well, it’s inevitable that if you buy used books, sooner or later, you will get one that smells bad. Here’s how to remove the stink:
Put the book in a bin, and then add one of the following:
- Fabric Softener Sheets
- Kitty Litter
- Charcoal Aquarium Filters
Leave the book for a day or two, and then smell it. If it still smells bad, repeat the process.
Where to store your books:
On the bookshelves, of course! Where else would you put your books?! Seriously, do not store your books in a garage or basement. Your books will quickly become mildewed and will smell bad. Also, don’t cram the books on the shelf. A good rule of thumb is if more books come off the shelf when you pull one off, you’re squishing the books a little too tight.